Bloglovin'

Saturday 16 May 2015

Disney HHI: The Countdown Begins!




Well it's been a long time since I've written a post about my Disney CEP, but I've been in the midst of 4 massive exams so I've dedicated all my spare time to revision. I still have two more to go, but I've managed to exclude myself from textbooks to update everyone!

It's exactly two weeks till I leave for the US, yep thats right, TWO WEEKS! That gives me 14 days to finish exams, move out of university, pack and get everything sorted. Not to mention I also have my dads birthday and then mine! Talk about last minute stress!


So in two weeks I will be flying to New York for 3 days, then I fly down to Hilton Head Island to begin my 3 months working at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. I am so excited!! All my paperwork is done including visa and medical insurance, plus I've sorted out a Fairfx card for spending dollars in America (you can find a link to this at the bottom of the post). This basically means I don't have to carry around big lumps of cash, instead I can use it like an ordinary debit card.

I'm not sure what to expect when I get out there, I have been given instructions about the first few days including training, and details of our accommodation but apart from that I'm flying out there not knowing much (which slightly scares me!)

I guess I should start packing soon, the advice I've received from others has been to pack as lightly as possible as you buy lots out there, so I'm trying to take this onboard. It's proving very difficult!

As soon as exams are over I will post a packing list including all the documents you need to take. For now though, its back to the textbooks...


This is where I bought my cash card, which had the best exchange rate:
https://www.fairfx.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment