Bloglovin'

Tuesday 29 November 2016

A visit to the happiest place in the world...

A trip to LA would never be completed unless you take a visit to the happiest place on earth... Disneyland!



As a small Disney fan (ok, maybe a huge fan), it would have been wrong for me to have travelled half way across the world and to not have visited the birthplace of Disney.

If you didn't know, Walt Disney chose an orange grove in Anaheim to become the home of Disneyland in 1955. It was the only park he personally visited after he designed it.

With it only being a 45-minute drive from LA, I jumped at the chance and booked myself a 3 night stay at the Anaheim Quality Inn and Suites. I chose this because of how cheap it was, and also I wanted to be within walking distance of the parks. Wow, I was not disappointed! This place was perfect!

After living in hostels for the past 3 weeks, it was so good to have a whole room to myself! This place was so clean and comfortable that I would not turn down another chance to stay here in a heartbeat. Plus, the free breakfast was amazing with its own waffle machine! That in itself had me sold!

breakfast waffles are the best


A short 5-minute walk around the corner brings you to the park entrance. I chose to spend my first day in the Disneyland park.

Walking through the entrance was magical. To have walked the path that Walt Disney himself had walked 60 years before was unbelievable. As a big Walt Disney fan, it was simply a dream come true.



If you have been to any Disney park then the main park is essentially Magic Kingdom. There are many similarities as well as the classic rides that are everywhere, including Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and It's a Small World.

A few differences include the New Orleans themed square which I absolutely adored. The scenery was incredible and having visited New Orleans just a few weeks ago made it even better.



I took advantage of the single rider (top tip) and walked on to most rides, including my favourite; Indiana Jones! Seriously, I think I went on this ride like 5 times?!

I did a lot of walking so I took a breather by trying my favourite soft serve in the entire world: Dole Whip! Opt for the dole whip float, which is pineapple soft serve on top of pineapple juice. It tastes amazing!!

Dole Whip Float


As I went around, the Halloween season was in full swing. The decorations and pumpkins were out and so was the Halloween theme on a few rides. The best was the Haunted Mansion, which was decked out with Christmas decorations based upon The Nightmare Before Christmas. This made the ride extra popular so I can't stress how much nicer it is to get a FASTPASS for this ride! The added theme makes it 10x better!

Haunted Mansion


To relax for a bit, I took a seat near the castle to watch the Soundsational Parade in the afternoon, which wasn't my favourite of parades I've seen in the past, but was still a nice break from all the walking.



If you want a good view, get there about 30 minutes before as it does get busy quickly.

One of my recommendations is to take a breather from all the rides to walk around the shops. On Main Street USA, there are loads of really good shops where you can buy so much merchandise. Also, there is the famous Jolly Holiday Bakery which does the nicest Matterhorn Macaron! I had seen Instagram pictures of these so was dying to try one. Warning, be prepared to queue based on how popular it is.

Mickey apples for days



The end a perfect day at the parks, I watched the fireworks over the castle on Main Street. I have got to say, I was a little disappointed having seen Wishes at Walt Disney World last year (see blog post here) last year. Unfortunately, I missed the 60th-anniversary fireworks but these were so disappointing. I know it was off season but come on Disneyland! Plus, I was situated just behind a tree which happened to where the fireworks were positioned so it blocked my view majorly.

the best photo I could get!


It was still a nice way to end the night and after walking all day and taking around 30,000 steps, I was so ready for bed and to get a good nights sleep before hitting Disney's California Adventure the next day. Stay tuned for the upcoming post on that park!





No comments:

Post a Comment