Bloglovin'

Tuesday 2 January 2018

2017

2017 has been a bad year for some, but for me, it couldn't have been any better.

The year started off slow, as I counted down the days till I embarked on my four-month journey around South East Asia. Below is just a (fairly large) selection of the incredible places I experienced.

Where it all began. Saying goodbye at Heathrow airport

Starting off our cultural experiences with a visit to the Grand Palace in Bangkok

And the other travelling culture, buckets of alcohol!

Fulfilling my dream of visiting a cat cafe

Exploring the Thai islands



And the infamous Full Moon Party!

Being amazed at how beautiful every single beach is!


Finally getting to that famous beach from 'The Beach', only to have the world's worst weather

Meeting these incredible creatures

Finding the beauty of Laos

Discovering my love for Vietnam's Banh Mi's

Walking around Hanoi

Hiking to see this view of Halong Bay

Walking up however many steps in the blistering heat for this view of Mai Chau

Falling in love with Hanoi

Taking a trip down the Mekong river

Discovering Cambodia's dark history

And also it's beautiful islands


Taking a cooking class in Siem Reap

Seeing the most famous temple in the world

And pretending to be Lara Croft from Tomb Raider

Taking numerous sunset photos during Gili T's golden hour

Having a monkey steal pringles from my bag!

It was an incredible four months that filled me with adventure, unforgettable experiences and a new perspective on life. As I approached the end of my travels, I also got to experience what it was like to travel by myself. I spent a week traveling alone in Singapore and Malaysia, where I learned that I do not like traveling by myself! I'm proud to have given it a go, and it was the moment where I felt ready to go home. 

Discovering the best breakfast in the world, Kaya Toast

Seeing Singapore's skyline lit up
Watching the Ramayana ballet in front of the wondrous Pramabanan

Witnessing incredible sunsets
Riding this baby around the streets of Yogyakarta

Hiking through rainforests to find this

Pretending to be rich in Bali
Participating in a Balinese spiritual ritual (and getting to wear a cool dress)


Balinese dancing
Finishing my adventure in KL


Upon returning to the UK, I arrived in time for summer, where I spent the long, (sometimes) hot days catching up with friends, preparing for a new chapter in life and eating all those UK delicacies I had missed whilst in Asia (hello actual nice tasting Dairy Milk!)
Lots of catch up drinks!

An engagement party
And discovering some hidden gems of the UK

Summer beach walks
September brought around a change in my life. I started a new postgraduate course at a new university. One that, although is intense, is exactly what I want to do with my life. I made new friends, learned new skills and finally found my career in life. Now that is a very satisfying feeling!

I also found myself in a relationship, an experience which is still very new to me, but all the more exciting.

As the leaves changed colour during Autumn, I embraced the cozy nights in, made sure I enjoyed all the traditional festivities of Christmas, and relaxed with my family during Christmas and bringing in the New Year.


Celebrating bonfire night in style

Seeing the colour changes of autumn

Carnaby Street Christmas lights, London

Boxing day ice skating by the Brighton Pavillion


2018 will be slightly less adventurous, but that isn't to say that I'm not looking forward to growing as a person, creating new memories and having fun!

Happy New Year!

And if you want to watch some of my adventures, head over to my Youtube channel where I posted videos of my travels in Thailand, Cambodia and Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment