Bloglovin'

Sunday 8 February 2015

Spring Staples /15

An inspired blog post that came from my recent visits to New Look and Topshop. I noticed that they are just beginning to bring in there spring wardrobe and thought I would post my spring staples for a wardrobe. These are items that I think should be in everyone's wardrobe and keep coming back into trend every year, so they will not be a waste of money. They're not so much 2015 trends, but I based them around the practicalities of spring, where it starts to get a little warmer and sunnier but is still cold. Here I've tried to address the same dilemmas I have, like should I wear a coat? Will this be warm enough? And wanting to add a little more colour to spruce up your wardrobe.

My first staple item is a biker jacket. Not only does it go with tons of outfits, its also perfect for days when the sun is out and it's warm (we're talking end of march/mid April). It's also a worthwhile investment as you can wear it in any season and it will never go out of style. Team this with a floral dress for a pretty spring outfit, or tone is down with jeans and a plain tee for a more casual look. This one is from New Look.

£49.99 New Look
My next item is a patterned skirt. I think the style can be bodycon, skort or skater, it doesn't really matter but I tend to stick to the bodycon style as usually there is windy weather in spring so this avoids flashing everyone you see, which is totally embarrassing. This is great worn with tights, or without depending on the weather. It can be casual when paired with a plain tee or it can spruced up for a night out by teaming it with a bralet and heels. Patterned skirts will never go out of fashion and they are still wearable in winter (and obviously summer). It's great with the above biker jacket along with black boots, but is also ideal with heels, flats and trainers. Here is a selection of monochrome skirts from New Look and Topshop that caught me eye. Brighter colours tend to come out nearer to summer but these can be worn year round.


£14.99- New Look
£17.99- New Look
£35 Topshop
One trend that will always keep coming back is stripes. It's here for this spring this year but I know I will always own and wear at least one item of clothing that is striped. Great for a more casual look when paired with jeans, but it can also be tucked into a plain skirt or worn with shorts (if it's warm enough). They also come in many styles. You can find striped crops, tees, skirts, jumpers and many other forms, so you're spoilt for choice. For a current trend, I picked a striped crop from New Look.
£9.99 New Look
A denim jacket is a must for spring. It tackles the same dilemmas as the biker jacket but is more suited to warmer weather, plus the lighter colour are perfect for lightening your spring wardrobe. It's perfect for chilly summer evenings and to wear in the day in spring. A staple that will never ever go out of style. Pair with trainers and leggings for a casual day look, but it looks great when paired with floral shorts/skirts which can be worn with tights. Just be careful when teaming with denim. This perfect jacket below is from Topshop.
£39 Topshop

My final piece of clothing that's perfect for spring is a knitted jumper. I like to go for lighter knits due to the weather warming up, but its still pretty chilly. This is a great casual weekend look when paired with jeans/leggings, whatever! Lights colours such as pastels will be perfect for adding colour to your wardrobe. It will ensure you don't get cold on nippy days, but you won't sweat as much  if you were wearing a chunky knit. The denim jacket would be perfect over this jumper from Topshop.
£38 Topshop

To round off my spring staples, I've included a big trend over the last two years, a Fedora hat to complete a spring look. Perfect worn in all seasons, but spring is the season where you can wear it the most. For sunny days team with sunglasses for a casual yet sophisticated look. Just be careful the wind and rain doesn't appear! It has the added advantage of keeping you head warm as well!
Check out this amazing one from Topshop. Perfect with any of the above items.

£25 Topshop

I hope this has helped you spruce up your spring wardrobe, or given you ideas where you could use clothing that you most probably already have. This only includes items from Topshop and New Look, both affordable high street stores. I will definitly be making some of these worthy buys.

Now, time to plan my spring outfits...

No comments:

Post a Comment