Bloglovin'

Friday 16 October 2015

I will be cycling from London to Paris!

Please help me raise money for Breast Cancer Now!

I am taking on a little challenge next year by cycling from London to Paris in 3 days to raise money for Breast Cancer Now.

The charity is amazing and its aim is to raise money for funding into breast cancer research. They hope to find a cure by 2050 for breast cancer so that no women will have to die of breast cancer again.
Finding a cure for breast cancer can also find a cure for all types of cancer, so no one ever has to lose someone or die themselves.

Cancer is a very common subject and many of us have been or know people who've been affected by it. My Grandma was personally diagnosed with breast cancer, although she was lucky enough to make a complete recovery from it. Others aren't so lucky and a close family friend of mine made the decision to have a mastectomy to be able to live her life to the full.

By finding a cure, women won't need to die anymore or have to make the horrible decision to lose their breasts due to this devastating cancer.

I will be cycling as part of a group of students from London to Portsmouth, then hopping across the channel and cycling through the french countryside right into the heart of Paris, arriving at the Eiffel tower.

My aim is to raise at least £995, however anything extra is a bonus and will all be going to the charity, so there is no limit.

I will take you on the journey and update you with how my training is going on this blog!

If you would like to help me and donate, here is the link to my just giving page. Any amount helps and even £1 can make a huge difference in scientific research, and possibly find a cure for cancer.

Thank you!

https://www.justgiving.com/Charlotte-Davis20

No comments:

Post a Comment