Bloglovin'

Saturday 3 October 2015

Review: One Direction at the O2 Arena

Hello Readers!

Today's post is to do with one of my favourite things to talk about in the world: One Direction!

Having supported them since they were on X Factor, and I'm not lying when I say this! I really did go to one of their very first gigs at the forum in Hertfordshire after the X Factor had ended. And I may have been to every tour they've ever had...

Anyway, I am not a crazy directioner, I promise! So on Monday I headed off to London to meet my little cousin and take her to see One Direction at the O2.

Since being at university, I haven't seen them or anyone live in a while, so it was nice to go back to that familiar feeling of excitement before seeing your favourite band live. Unfortunately we missed the support act so I have no idea how good they were.

Onto the review of their live show.

The tour was called 'On The Road Again' and was a collection of their greatest hits, plus tracks from their albums Midnight Memories and Four. These included Kiss You, What Makes You Beautiful, Drag Me Down, Story Of My Life, Little Things etc.


Usually pop concerts consist of 90 minutes of cheesy, danceable songs. I was pleasantly surprised that 1D were onstage for a full 2 hours, which is pretty good seeing as most of their audience members are of school age!

 It was a Monday and their fourth night at the O2 arena, so I wasn't expecting the same energy that they would have had from their weekend shows.

I was wrong, they performed with every ounce of energy to make sure everyone in that room got the same and best experience. This is a thing to be proud of, as it's so easy to give a poor performance because you are bored from the repetitive routine and completely knackered from performing 4 nights in a row. These tickets were certainly not cheap, so to come out of their getting my money's worth, and having had an incredible experience is a really nice feeling.

The atmosphere was amazing. It was hard not to sing and dance along to all the songs, even though I didn't know some of them.

I also felt that even though there were only four of them this time, you couldn't notice the difference from their previous tours. They united as a foursome extremely well.

After the concert had finished, I walked out feeling a little sad that this could be their last one for a while. It made me want to see them again straight away, and I guess all artists want their fans to feel this.

I feel like 1D should feel proud to have transformed into a very professional and talented band. There music hiatus will come gladly to them, as I do feel they need some time to recharge and regain their passion and excitement for their careers. All I can say to them if by chance they happen to read this, is good luck for whatever you choose to pursue in the future, and enjoy the moment while it lasts.

To my readers, if you want a fun and enjoyable night out where you can sing and dance your heart out, take someone to see One Direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment