Bloglovin'

Monday 7 March 2016

Lazy Girls Guide to Lazy Days

Lazy days... we all need them once in a while.

And whilst I probably give myself too many, nothing beats waking up and deciding to stay in bed or at home for the entire day.

There is nothing to feel guilty about, I actually think it's beneficial for the mind to take some time away from the stress of daily life.

Whether it be to catch up on emails, study, work on assignments or even online shopping, you can still be productive without moving from your bed.

And when the weather outside looks like a scene from a disaster movie, there is all the more reason to stay inside.

Here is my guide to lazy day essentials:

1. Dressing Gown

It's got to be worn. Mine is from primary and is the fluffiest thing I've ever bought. Not only is it cosy, it's also cute with little bear ears. The hood goes up every time. Good for saving those pennies on the heating bill as it will keep you warm at the sam time.

2. Cup of Tea

So this does require effort to go to the kitchen and make one, but it's worth it after you've got back into bed and settle down to whatever you were doing whilst taking sips of any warming drink you prefer.

3. Laptop

In the old days, this wasn't an option, but now you can practically work from bed with your laptop and still get everything done. I sometimes find that I
m most productive when I'm most comfortable, and sitting in bed is way more comfortable than at a desk. Its great for catching up on TV, listening to music or picking out your next outfit online.

4. Chocolate

This is the one time you can indulge in chocolate by yourself (unless you are having a joint lazy day) and not have anyone judge you for eating the entire bar (yes this is acceptable). Go on, be a slob for once, no one's watching!

5. Notebook

For some reason, all my creative and wonderful ideas pop into my head whilst I'm in the most comfortable position in the world. By having a notebook by your side, you can jot them down for later instead of having to move from the bed.

6. Charger

Make sure you have this because when the time comes where your phone or laptop is about to die, the last thing you want to do is move.

If you are reading this thinking you cannot remember the last time you had a lazy day, treat yourself to one! Even a lazy hour is beneficial and some me time is good for the mind. Shut out the world outside and give yourself time to be lazy once in a while.

Right, I'm going back to the bed now (I never left)

No comments:

Post a Comment