Bloglovin'

Sunday 20 March 2016

Trek America Wish List

With the evenings getting lighter and the temperature slowly creeping up, I can't help but get excited for summer.

I'm not going to America till September, but I still am getting prepared by drawing up to-do lists of what I want to buy.

I thought I would compile a wish list for the USA, which is taking inspiration from other peoples travels. Hopefully I will have the money and I can treat myself to these things to take with me on my travels.

1. Go Pro

This is every travellers dream camera, which can be used underwater and films the most amazing videos to cherish those memories forever. It does come with a hefty price tag, with a typical Go Pro costing around £94 for the cheapest model. Cheaper versions are available which I may have to resort to if I can't save the money, but this is the perfect camera to film those amazing moments, such as the helicopter ride I will be taking over the Grand Canyon, or travelling across the Golden Gate bridge in San Fransisco. This is my must have item.



2. Bum Bag

This is what I've grown up calling them but essentially its a fanny pack. I've found some funky ones with cool patterns on, and this will be perfect for walking around the cities. It holds just enough for the essentials, like money, phone and camera, and keeps it safe in front of you. Check out this cute one I found on amazon!

3. Backpack

Essential for hiking in Yosemite or for a day around Disneyland. I use backpacks when I need to carry more than the basics, such as water and a rain mac. It's so much better than a one shoulder bag and helps with the backache as well. You can also make it look fashionable, with most high street stores like Topshop, New Look etc. offering cool bags that will suit all types of outfits.

4. Iphone Charger

My phone contract needs upgrading soon, so I will be resorting back to the iPhone. The reason I ditched an iPhone last time was the disappointing battery life, but after having a Sony, it's made me miss it and this time I will prepare myself with a portable charger. This means I can charge it whilst on the go and still the able to use it for connecting with friends/family and taking pictures. I'm going for the Anker Astro E4 for around £20, but there are loads on the market for a range of prices.


5. Ray Bans

A must for traveling around sunny California with. I've never invested in a real pair, I actually opt for the fake ones. As I will be visiting Turkey this year, I will no doubt be utilising my bargaining skills to buy a new pair at the markets. That way I don't mind if they get ruined or broken.

6. Nike Air Max Trainers

Perfect for walking around and seeing the city sights, plus they can make an outfit casual and comfortable. Although they are pricey at £90, these will last a long time and can be used for exercise, worn with jeans or to dress down a going out outfit. They are also available in loads of varieties and colours, meaning I can wear them with pretty much any outfit. The classic white are my favourite and I can just picture myself wearing these with denim shorts in the American heat!




No comments:

Post a Comment