Bloglovin'

Friday 10 April 2015

Disney HHI: Visa Information!

It's been a long time since I posted a Disney HHI post...

So, I can finally write a blog post about Disney Hilton Head Resort Summer Program! After many many weeks of waiting to hear something, I finally had my visa documents arrive! These have arrived earlier than normal this year, which is really good as it means I can book an appointment for when I'm home and not at university.

The documents included my DS-2019 form and various other instructions which means I can now book my visa appointment at the London embassy. Exciting times Ahh!

As I was looking online, I saw that there were many blog posts from various other blogs that give you detailed instructions on the whole visa application. I've decided I'm not going to go into too much detail as it is the same for this program as it is for the normal Disney CEP. If you do have any questions then feel free to email me :) I have linked the ones I used as these were the most helpful, so thank you to whoever wrote them!

Yummy Jobs do send out detailed instructions of their own which gives you the links to the embassy website for you to fill in the DS-160, which needs to be completed first before you can arrange an appointment. This form takes a lot of time and patience! It requires a lot of detail, such as your last 5 visits to the USA, so if this is the case then you need all your old passports. After this is completed, you can then phone a premium phone number or use the new online system to book the actual appointment. It is here that you will need to pay the visa fee which is I think $160 (not entirely sure) so have your debit card at the ready. A lot of the time you will need to refer back to a particular form, such as your DS-2019 which includes your program and SEVIS number, so my advice is to have everything handy.

Unfortunately I couldn't come home for the weekend to book this, so I had to make do with skyping my parents for all the details, which wasn't practically best, but it was manageable. In the end I have an appointment booked for April 10th at 11.30am! I will post another blog post about details of the day, as I know that regulations change frequently so this will be an up to date post.

I will include a checklist about what to take to the embassy, as this tends to change often:



http://danatdisney.com/category/crp/visa-crp/

(although this post is related to the CRP, if you substitute in the relevant documents then it still applies)

No comments:

Post a Comment