Bloglovin'

Friday 17 April 2015

Travel Bucket List

As I was looking at my blog since it started, I realised that it needs a direction. The direction that I am most keen and passionate about blogging is travel and lifestyle. I realised that I am in no position to offer beauty and fashion advice. Yes I like it myself, but I don't have a clue about latest trends, what make up to buy etc.

I simply stick to the basics and buy clothes when I need them. Therefore trying to keep up with the latest trends is more like research and studying for me rather, than a passion.

However, since my Barcelona blog, travel and lifestyle is something that I am definitely passionate about. It is hard to blog about travel when you aren't going anywhere. So this is the direction I am going to take my blog in, however it will be slow (or at least until I finish university). I simply don't have the time and money at the moment to try new places and things.

I you are not aware, then I am going to South Carolina for 3 months this summer to work at Disney's Hilton Head Island, and as soon as I graduate I am travelling around the world for a year! I will also be visiting New York for a few days, and who knows where I will travel this summer.
So this will be the time when I can really focus on developing this blog and become a proper travel blogger!

Of course, this is still a lifestyle blog, so I will still be blogging weekly and writing reviews about days out, new things I've tried. But university exams are looming ahead and there is only so much time I can allocate to blogging.

I thought I would write a travel bucket list, and hopefully I will be able to tick all these places off. I basically want to go everywhere, but I've managed to tailor it down to the places where I have always wanted to go and I am eager to tick off as soon as possible.

1. Los Angeles

The ultimate destination. For some reason, LA is my dream city. I want to live there! A lot of people who have visited there have said its tacky and overrated, but I don't care. It will never put me off wanting to go there. Maybe it's the idea of sun, beaches, Hollywood, mountains, the Californian coast line but all of it oozes charm and I really think it sums up me as a person. Plus, I've always wanted to go to the original Disneyland!

2. Australia

As soon as I graduate, this is one of the places I will be going. I want to explore the gold coast and witness the golden beaches for myself. I want to try surfing lessons and see the Great Barrier Reef. This popular travellers destination is a place where I want to spend christmas on Bondi Beach!

3. Vietnam

I've always been interested in history, so this country entices me to learn about its culture, and its war background. I've seen pictures of it and it looks so beautiful, making me want to explore the cuisine, cities, shopping, beaches, everything!

4. Thai Islands

I've been to Bangkok before but now I want to venture to the islands, like Koh Phangan or Koh Phi Phi. A top activity to do is the infamous full moon party. I also want to witness the sandy beaches on the likes of Phuket and Koh Samui.

5. Rome or Athens

I studied Classical Civilisation at GCSE, so I don't know much but I know a bit about the ancient history. I've never been, but always wanted to see the Colosseum or the Parthenon. Or venture down into the preserved city of Pompeii!

6. The Caribbean

It doesn't matter where, but I need to witness for myself the famous pristine, tropical beaches!

7. Hawaii

There's something about Hawaii that I've alway wanted to explore, and with it being apart of America, hopefully I will soon be able to visit it.

8. Marrakech, Morocco

I need to visit the markets and try my hand at haggling! Similar places like Istanbul also are on my list!

So these are my top 8, obviously there are many others but these were the ones that stood out. I have been lucky enough to already have managed to cross some off my list, like Paris, New York, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Barcelona. Let me know of the places you want to explore!




No comments:

Post a Comment