Bloglovin'

Monday 7 December 2015

A Visit to Winchester Christmas Market

Another Christmas market that's worth a visit, this time it's in Winchester!



This is a quaint city that is trendy yet historical at the same time, and by the cathedral are little market huts where you can browse the gifts and do a little spot of Christmas shopping.

The best way to visit the market is by going into the city via the Park and Ride. This way you get dropped off right at the beginning of the market.

If you've ever seen the film 'The Holiday', the part where Cameron Diaz is shopping in the local village in Surrey, this is what Winchester reminded me of!



The lights were magical as Christmas lights usually are, and there was a cute ice rink in the centre of the market that was on the grounds of the Cathedral.

You could find all sorts of unique gifts, from super cosy scarfs to scented candles and bath bombs.



One part I did love was watching the brass band play traditional Christmas carol songs in front of the Christmas tree. It bought back so many nostalgic feelings of when I was in Christmas carol concerts in primary school.



Me and my dad couldn't resist helping ourselves to a cup of hot mulled cider. This was delicious and definitely my drink of choice this Christmas.



I finally got to try a Bratwurst German sausage as well, which is basically a giant hot dog. They seem to appear at every Christmas market though so I felt that I needed to try one for myself.

To end the festive day, I treated myself to a Greggs Christmas tree cookie, which was so cute!


Winchester is the perfect place to visit if you are down by the south coast in the UK even without the Christmas market, so make sure it's on your bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment