Bloglovin'

Saturday 26 December 2015

WDW Guide: Epcot

Oh Epcot. You either get it or you don't.



I've heard a lot of people say this is their least favourite park because it has no solid theming throughout.

Like Animal Kingdom, this park should not be underestimated. This is Walt's baby, as EPCOT stands for Experimental Prototype Centre of Tomorrow, and he had a heavy influence on the attractions seen their today.

It can easily be done in a day, or half if you are hardcore and don't take in all the details.

Popular rides here are Test Track, which most definitely will have a long queue in peak times, so fastpasses or single rider is preferable on this attraction.

Similarly, Soarin' is popular and has the slowest and most boring queue in the world so try and get a fastpass for this (single rider isn't applicable).

Other attractions include going into the big 'golf' ball, called Spaceship Earth, and Mission Space. These are great to experience, but I wouldn't say they are must do's in my opinion.

There are other low key attractions at the park, but since I haven't ridden them, I feel I can't really comment on them.

The other big attraction is the World Showcase, an area featuring 11 different countries where you can walk around each pavilion and immerse yourself in the different cultures.

Mexico

The countries featured are Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, United States, Japan, Morocco, France, UK and Canada.

UK

Each pavilion features the architecture typical of that country, as well as merchandise, food, drinks and some attractions/entertainment.

Morocco


This could take half a day to walk around if you really wanted to see everything, but if you aren't that bothered then I would suggest visiting Mexico, Morocco, France, Japan and China.

Of course, as I'm British, a visit to the UK is a must for me!


I ate at the Akerhusus Banquet Hall in Norway for breakfast, as it was character dining and included in my disney dining plan. You get to meet most of the princesses who come around to your table for a chat, as well as performing a princess parade around the restaurant where they lead little prince and princesses around in a procession.


The food was nice, in a buffet style featuring traditional Norwegian foods along with the usual american fare. They also have a hot plate with sausages, bacon, eggs and hash browns which can be replenished if you ask the servers.

To work of all the food we ate, I wandered around each country, stopping to buy a drink in the Rose and Crown pub in the UK and also to take a look at the delicious french patisserie in France. Next time I go, I will most definitely be buying a treat from there.

 

My favourite shop was Karamell-Kuche in Germany, where they sell a selection of Caramel treats. The smell of that shop made me want to live there forever. It smells like a Werther's factory a.k.a. heaven!
Germany
Here you can buy caramel apples, caramel corn, caramel chocolate, caramel cupcakes... yeah you get the gist! Unfortunately I didn't get anything which I really regret but next time, that will be my first stop.

Another highlight at Epcot that stood out for me was browsing the merchandise at Mouse Gear, which I think is one of the best places to buy merchandise.

Also, you can have a go at tasting the flavours of fizzy pop from around the world. Some are horrible (Beverly) and some are yummy (Fanta Melon) but its fun to try them all.


To end a long day here, IllumiNations is the evening show to watch. Not only are there spectacular fireworks set to an amazing musical score, but it is also magical to watch at various places in the world showcase where the lights on the buildings are in sync with the show.

Definitely make sure you see this show, and if you want to splash out then certain restaurants around the world offer dining packages where you can eat in the perfect firework viewing area.






No comments:

Post a Comment