Bloglovin'

Friday 29 January 2016

A Few of My Favourite Things: January

So blog post ideas have been lacking recently, probably due to the fact that final year project mindset has kicked in so that's all I can think about at the moment. Plus I seem to be spending all day everyday in the laboratory which makes it hard to find the time to write a blog post.

So I thought I would round off, in my opinion, the worst month of the year with the things I've been loving!

Here goes...

1. Lidl Nutrimixer

Yes that's right, it's from Lidl and it only costs £30. I can't compare it to the Nutribullet or other higher priced machines, but from using this, it is amazing! I only use it occasionally for making soups, baking and attempting to be healthy by making smoothies, and it does the job perfectly. If you don't want to spend a fortune on expensive makes, this does the same job for half the price and is perfect if you are like me and will only use it occasionally.

2. 24 Hours in A&E

For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a doctor but have never had the courage to apply to it. By watching this programme, it feeds my obsession with medicine and genuinely engrosses me on what actually happens in A&E. No one wants to end up there, so the people you see on here display their raw emotion when a loved one is sick, and it really puts your life into perspective. It makes me realise that this could happen to anyone, and you really never know what's around the corner. That's why I try and live by the motto, live every day like it's your last. It's hard, but watching this programme reiterates why it can be important.

3. Crumpets with Jam and Peanut Butter

Another breakfast discovery, in a previous post I discovered jam and peanut butter on toast, but it just got a whole lot better when spread on crumpets. Top tip, microwave your crumpets before toasting to make it fluffy!

4. Lighter evenings

As soon as Christmas is over, my next time of year to look forward to is Spring. I love seeing the nature bloom and as the evenings stay light for a tiny bit longer each day, it is so nice start to see flowers start to blossom and the sun staying out for longer. I notice a massive difference in my mood as well.

5. Metcalfe's Rice Cakes

Wow, these are amazing as a snack, and so filling! Plus, they're sort of healthy! But I love dark chocolate, so these layered rice cakes are the perfect little sweet treat. The only downside, they're pretty pricey!

6. Uniqlo Disney Collection

How amazing is this Disney collection? I've never bought anything from Uniqlo before but as soon as I saw their collection of Disney sweaters, that soon changed. They aren't pricey at only £20, and they have the perfect choice of cosy sweats to wear on any occasion. I went for the navy blue one, but they have a good choice of colours and styles including hoodies, sweatpants and t-shirts. Here is the link if you want to check it out: http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/feature/uq/disney-magicforall/women/



7. Benefit Porefessional Primer Balm

I don't usually join the hype for high end, expensive facial creams and primers, in fact the most expensive skincare product I own is a Mac primer, but I received this in the Benefit beauty advent calendar and boy does it do wonders. I'm not sure if it is actually doing what it says in the fact that I don't tend to address the issue of pores and blackheads (too many better things to think about), but I love the way this feels so silky and smooth, the way a primer should feel! I apply this before any make-up and it means that applying foundation and concealer feels so much easier to blend in than my usual moisturiser. It's also nude in colour which means it kind of acts as a tinted moisturiser as well, so spending £25 on a primer, tinted moisturiser and something that's gonna minimise the appearance of pores is not too bad!




No comments:

Post a Comment