Bloglovin'

Friday 22 January 2016

Review: Nutrition Mixer

I have to say, I'm quite hard to please. And when it comes to spending money, I don't like to be ripped off.

So I've had my eye on the Nutribullet for a long time, ever since it came out.



I've also been consumed with jealousy when coming across people's instagram pictures of delicious, colourful looking smoothies that people create using these blending machines.

I realised it was time to invest in one when I really fancied a bowl of warm, homemade soup that wasn't straight from a tin. This was impossible to make without some sort of blender, so when I heard that Lidl were creating the Nutrition Mixer for only £29.99, I took the chance and purchased my own.

At around £80, the NutriBullet is £50 more expensive than the Nutrition Mixer, which both do the same job.

So, armed with my blender and an collection of recipes I had been saving up, I got straight to work making that bowl of soup.

I chose to make a simple, yet satisfying butternut squash soup.
When it got to the blender step, I filled up the beaker, flipped it over and began pureeing it.

The Verdict:

I was amazed! 

Not only is it super fast, it whizzes everything into a smooth puree within seconds! Yes it's loud, which I expected, but the results blew me away and I could finally enjoy that fresh bowl of homemade soup I had been craving for ages.

Now I cannot compare this to the NutriBullet because I've never used the NutriBullet. But I can review Lidl's Nutrition Mixer and I have to say, I'm impressed! I certainly do not feel like I'm being ripped off.

 I cannot wait till summer to try fresh smoothies, and I've already planned a Mexican night where I will use the machine to make homemade guacamole.

So if you are looking for something cheap, good value for money and does a fine job of blending, then definitely consider this model! I guess what they say is true, good things come to those who wait! I'm certainly glad I waited until a cheaper model came out than jumping straight on the bandwagon and buying the NutriBullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment