Bloglovin'

Friday 8 January 2016

My Travel Essentials

As we roll into the new year my attention always turns to which destination I will be travelling to next.

It seems I'm not the only one thinking the same as seen from the amount of adverts on TV selling holidays. It does nothing to help those January blues but once you've got something booked up then the anticipation of going on holiday begins!

Whether it's a week spent lying on the beach, or a long weekend exploring the city sights, there are some things that I cannot leave without packing in my suitcase.

Obviously due to baggage limits, we want to take as little as possible, and also so we have enough weight allowance for all the souvenirs we will buy!

So here are my top tips on what to pack when travelling that I never leave behind...

Dry Shampoo

A lot of time and effort is saved using this and it will always rescue my hair in those times when it's too difficult or not possible to have a shower. You can get travel versions but the normal size offers better value for money and will last. This is perfect for a long haul flight and spruces up dull hair in a second, just make sure you get the under 100ml version. Plus, if you forget shampoo and conditioner then this covers your back, and I buy shampoo out there to save space.

Lipbalm

My lips get super dry and flying doesn't do anything to help this, so I make sure it is always in my carry on luggage.

Spray Deodorant

Travelling can be stressful and can make you sweat! To avoid smelling like I've just ran the marathon, a little can of spray deodorant is always helpful to keep you smelling decent no matter where or how you are travelling.

Travel Wallet

A couple of years ago I stumbled upon this travel wallet from Paperchase, and I don't know how I coped without it. This wallet holds my passport, boarding tickets, insurance documents, ID cards, money, a pen and so much more. Having everything in one place is amazing and its a decent size as well.

Currency Card

Nowadays most places had chip and pin devices, or a nearby ATM machine, so to avoid carrying around huge amounts of cash, I simply use Fair ex's currency card. You use it just like a debit card and can pay for meals, souvenirs and attractions using the card. All you have to do it preload money from your account on to it. Withdrawing from an ATM will charge, so I tend to use it directly on a chip and pin machine. You can even download the app to top up and check your balance from your phone. Very handy and comes in euros/dollars.

Make-up Essentials

I don't always pack my entire make-up bag, so there are a few items I always take with me. These are mascara, concealer and powder foundation.
The concealer is for covering up any blemishes and dark circles, the powder is for taking away the oily shine I get from wearing make up for too long, and the mascara is a must for me because I think it can brighten up your eyes and can add a hint of glamour. I don't take anything else, just my staple items.

Water

This is my number one essential that I never travel without. After security if you are at an airport, or whenever I can I always buy a bottle of water. Not only is it important for hydration and good for your skin, but it gives me a sense of security knowing I have a drink if something were to happen, for example being stranded somewhere. I couldn't think of anything worse than feeling thirsty when there are no shops around.

Depending on the type of trip, there will be other items, but these will always be in my bag. Feel free to share some of yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment