Bloglovin'

Friday 1 January 2016

That New Year Post...

I know that every blogger does a new years post of some sort, but I like doing them as a personal reflection on 2015 and things to look forward to in 2016.

2015 has without a doubt been one of the most adventurous and life changing years.

I am definitely not the same person I was this time last year. I feel that I have done a lot of growing up.

My perspectives on life have also changed a lot.

Throughout the year, I have discovered who I really am and have become so much more independent. I let go of fear preventing me from taking chances, and ventured to America practically on my own for 3 months to live and work there.

Along the way I have met some incredible people, and also learnt that sometimes it is better to have a small amount of close people around you rather than a huge amount of friends who don't really know or care about you.

As deep as it sounds, I really have felt like my eyes have been opened and I am seeing life for what it really is.
Of course I am still young and still have many more lessons to learn, but this year has been a real turning point in my life.

I look forward to 2016 where big changes will happen.

For starters, I will graduate university hopefully, and embark on my career path in London.
I also plan to travel more, hopefully around the west coast of America. I realised that family has become a big importance in my life, and I hope to spend more time with them.

Around this time last year I wrote a post of my new years resolutions. Looking back on it, I have actually managed to achieve most of the points on there. These include:

- Travelling: I have been lucky enough to see Barcelona, New York, Savannah, Hilton Head Island, Charleston, Florida, Liverpool, Birmingham, Disneyland Paris and various places in the UK. Not too Bad!

- Seeing my favourite artists in concert: I definitely did go see One Direction's last tour for a while, and really enjoyed it!

- Become Healthier: Mentally I have become healthier, however I am still aiming to get there physically. I've learnt a lot about my body this year and had a bit of a health scare, so looking after my body next year is a priority.

- Grabbing more opportunties: I've definitely fulfilled this one. I have driven in the USA for the first time, flown to NYC by myself for the first time, managed to secure an internship for 2016, finally got a tattoo, accepted a job working at Disney in the summer and many other small things like trying different foods, that can really make a big difference.

- Regularly updating this blog: So there was a little pause during summer because I was so busy but overall, I've not done too bad.

- Learn a new language: Ok so I didn't manage this one, but to be fair I haven't had the time.

- Finally, Spend my hard earned money from last year: I definitely accomplished this one!

To summarise this post, my advice to anyone out there is take the motto 'life's too short' seriously and grab every opportunity you can.

This may not necessarily mean saying yes to everyone or thing because of this 'FOMO' thing. It's more about choosing which opportunities you are really gonna benefit from and most importantly, enjoy.

The only way we can learn who we truly are is if we gain life experiences that develop us as people. I think taking the time to evaluate what you want in life, rather than what other people want from you in life is something all of us can benefit from.

On that note, I wish you all a healthy and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment