Bloglovin'

Friday 9 January 2015

Disney HHI: A (possible) new adventure awaits...

7.15am: I'm out and on my way to the station, ready for a nerve wracking day. I have my pre screen interview with yummy jobs. This is a UK recruiter for Disney. I'm applying for their cultural exchange program, in other words, the disney summer international program. For those who don't have a clue what this is, it basically means I get to spend roughly my whole summer working and living in Walt Disney World (not literally living there). It's a unique and once in a lifetime opportunity, hence why I thought I should blog my experience. Now I'm notoriously bad at remembering anything let alone the fact I have a blog. But I'm am going to try and make the effort because ultimately I want to create a blog where I can create memories that I can look back on.

Anyway, to the point of this blog post, today is the first of the two assessments in order to get the actual job. I'm nervous, mainly because its a job I've wanted for ages, but also because I know how many other people want it as well. Somehow I have to stand out, and I struggle with that. This is a group interview, the worse kind for people who find it difficult to stand out! 

7.47am: so I'm currently standing on a packed out train heading to London Waterloo. I'm early (thankfully) which is a good thing. I'm still just as nervous though, I don't know anyone going to it and have no idea where it is being held.

14.24pm: and I've done it! Im making my way home after what seems like a ling day but wasnt too bad. Not as bad as I imagined, I will go through exactly what happened:

So the recruitment day started off with everyone meeting outside the restaurant where it was being held. I got talking to some people just to break the ice. Everyone was really friendly though and this made me feel a lot less nervous! Some people from yummy jobs came to meet us and we were lead into a small room with chairs to watch a presentation. The PowerPoint was informative but most people would have already read about the program and knew all the things they were saying. They played the official icp videos made by disney about the different aspects of the program. Very staged! After this they did a little quiz where you could win frozen lollies. The question were easy trivia questions about disney. Now for the important part. They divided us into our interview groups. Luckily it was in alphabetical order, and my surname begins with a D so therefore my interview time was at 11am. The presentation finished at 10, so me and some of the other people who had the same interview time as me went to get a coffee. By the time we had walked to costa, it was time to walk back! We waited outside the restaurant until we were called in. Once in the room we had to sit in a semi circle and go around and introduce ourselves. My actual group interview was so relaxed and more of a casual discussion than an interview. The only thing was that everyone in my group was confident and bubbly making it hard to stand out. I managed to answer every question although I don't want to over anylse my answers but I think they were alright? The interview lasted for around 30mins with around 10 questions being asked. At the end we found out that we would find out our fate by the Friday! My interview was on a Monday, so only 5 days! Crazy! We were the last day of interviews though.

And this is the part where I put this blog on pause, as all I can do now is wait! Well... Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment