Bloglovin'

Friday 9 January 2015

Post Holiday Blues

Greetings fellow readers!

As promised and part of my new year resolution, every Friday I vowed to post on this blog.
It was hard to think of something to post about, think I will have to do a weekly plan in the future. For now this post is about getting back into a routine and how to deal with it. 

I've always struggled with post half term/holiday blues. They always seem to whizz by and then your faced with the dreaded first Monday back at school/uni/work. Back in secondary school I used to hate Sunday evenings where you would have to go to bed early and wake up to a (usually) dismal Monday morning. I found it hard to gain the motivation. The only good thing about it is catching up with friends/colleagues but once that part is over then the work mindset must begin!

Going back after Christmas is the worst due to January blues and the constant holiday reminders on TV. One thing that used to help me is to think about summer plans and vacations and to start looking around/booking them. Also there are quite a few deals around at this time as well.

It also helps to be organised for the first week just to it makes it easier to slip back into the usual routine. For instance, being at uni, I've planned my meals for the week as well as planning gym time around lectures. This will definitely not happen after the first week, but it makes it easier to get into the right mind set at the start of term.

Another thing I did was have a detox week. I banned all chocolate and sugar and settled for a healthy, balanced diet. I feel 100x better already after the over indulgence at Christmas and shrugged off all the sluggishness I felt over the holiday.

I came back to university last Sunday and was thrown right into the deep end! Being in second year, it is one of the toughest years coursework and exam wise. I know this term will be the worst due to all the deadlines looming, then after I will have four big fat exams to revise for. But the main thing is to remain positive, don't work too hard and to treat yourself at the end of the week. I am heading out tonight after working hard all week, so treat yourself this weekend to!

Hope this post helped!


No comments:

Post a Comment