Bloglovin'

Friday 9 January 2015

Disney HHI:Face to Face Interview

Face to Face Interview

So I had my last interview on Friday 7th November at Disney HQ! It was really scary, not the actual interview part but finding the place and the pressure there was building up to it made it terrifying!

My trip to London for the interview started the day before, when I rushed home from lectures, jumped straight on the train to London Waterloo and met my sister for dinner. We went to Wahaca's in Westfield Stratford, really recommend it! So I stayed with my sister the night before as it made it easier to get to Hammersmith. The next morning, I was up at 6.30 am and on the tube by 7.15am making my way from Stratford to Hammersmith (a.k.a the other side of London basically). The tube was so busy with rush hour workers and I had to change trains, but I managed to make it to Hammersmith by 8.30! I didn't have to be at Disney till 9.15am so I was very early. I hadn't had breakfast though so I went to McDonalds and chilled there for half an hour. At 9am I made my way to the back entrance on Disney HQ. I didn't bother with the front entrance because a lot of people who had interviews earlier in the week had just been sent to the back. For anyone interested, when you come out of Hammersmith tube station it exits in the shopping centre. From here you turn right and then take the first right up a ramp and out to the bus station. If you continue to go round the corner to the right then Disney is in front of you!

Being inside Disney was really cool! The TV's play Disney channel and all around are movie posters and statues of various chracters. You get given a visitors pass and we were lead up some stairs to a waiting area, where there were loads of people for the interview. Here we signed in with yummy jobs and then waited around until we were called into a cinema/auditorium. This was so cool, the seats were plush velvet and reclinable. It's here that you have your presentation done by cast members from WDW! We had Jill, Alyssia and Reggio (can't remember if that's their exact names but pretty close!).

The presentation lasted about an hour and a quarter. Its much more detailed and the videos are ones that you've never seen before (if you haven't applied before). There is also a pop quiz where you can win pens! After the presentation, you are asked to leave the building unless your interview is straight away. Everyone chooses their interview time shortly after being accepted from the group interviews. Mine was somewhere from 12-1pm and the presentation finished at 10.45 am ish so I had around an hour till I needed to be back. I literally just walked around Hammersmith and looked in a few shops and then it was time to head back. I didn't know anyone from the facebook group purely because I didn't realise there was one till that week and also I got scared to become good friends with anyone unless I didn't get accepted as I hate telling someone that I'm unsuccessful. I prefer telling family and thats it. None of my friends even knew about it! Obviously if I was accepted then I would make friends with people who are going.

So 12pm rolled around and I was lead back up to the waiting area where they checked my passport and collected my proof of student status form. A lot of us with the same time slot were sitting on the sofas just chatting. The disney recruiters would come out of the interview rooms and call your name. There were loads of people who had turned up before me so I expected to be waiting till nearly 1 but I got called at 12.15 by Reggie/o (something like that). He lead me into another room and we had my interview! It was very short, I felt like it wasn't enough time to sell myself! The only question that he asked that I prepared for was Why do you want to work for disney? The rest of the questions were more like meeting requirements such as do you have experience with chemicals? What are your top 3 roles? Can you handle the heat/living with other people?

Once the interview was done I was free to leave. I have to say I left not knowing what the outcome would be. There are so many people who I would employ there and then and its hard to think how I am better than them/more deserving of the role. Disney told us we would know by mid December (I know... 6 week wait!!!) so here it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment